Low Carb Broccoli Cheese Soup
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package, small cream cheese
- 1 cup fluid heavy cream
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 1 package chopped broccoli
- Heat the chicken broth in a pot.
- In a separate bowl, mix cream cheese, 2 tablespoons of butter (optional), heavy cream and cheddar cheese. Place in microwave for 30 second intervals to soften. Stir after each 30 seconds.
- When broth is hot, stir in frozen broccoli and let soup heat up again.
- When soup is heated, pour the cream cheese mixture into the pot with the broccoli and chicken broth.
- Stir continuously to melt the cheeses into the broth.
- When soup is hot again, turn off the burner, and put half of the broccoli and 1/4 cup of broth into a blender and puree. (this will thicken the soup and make it creamy).
- Pour puree back into pot and stir well.
- Serve hot and garnish with cheese if you'd like.