If you are diabetic you know exactly what a boil is and where you get them. Right? Here's a clip of a great article about diabetes and boils that will tell you what causes them and things you can do to prevent them.
The Symptoms of Diabetic Boils
- The diabetic boils would at first crop up as soft reddish skin nodule. The boil would then gradually develop in size and become hard in texture.
- The pain and fever will be accompanied by the growing boil.
- The boil will be filled up with pus and it will flow out as the diabetic boils mature.
- A boil which is continuing to swell and cause pain for a period of more than 15 days you must go for a clinical test for diabetes.
- Boils are in fact, are itself one of the symptoms of the occurrence of the decaying disease called diabetes. Apart from the recurrent boils increased levels of thirst and urinations are the result of the development of the disease called diabetes.
To Get Rid of Diabetic Boils
Diabetic boils can be eradicated on taking up proper steps to recover from diabetes and also by maintaining proper hygiene.
- You would take up steps that would ensure normalizing the glucose level for diabetes treatment that would eventually help to reduce the long existing infections of boils and other skin diseases like acne.
- Occurrence of boils in adulthood is certainly a symptom of diabetes which has to be carefully taken care of to avoid further occurrence of the infection.
- As diabetic patients have bacteria causing the boils growing in their nasal chamber, they are more susceptible to the development of boils. The bacteria would easily get inside the skin whenever it finds an opening on the skin surface. So, as a remedial step to stay away from boils, patients of diabetes are recommended to take extra precaution to stay away from the repeated occurrence of boils. Covering of open wounds or incisions with proper antiseptic topical medications would help to get rid of boils to a great extent.
- Always keep clean your skin as well as the infected area with antibacterial soap along with application of antibacterial lotion.
- Maintain a diet that would have whole grain cereals, green and fibrous vegetables and fruit juice. You should avoid sugary substance and food items rich in oil and starch.
- Try wearing loose fitting clothes as tight clothes may lead to incisions on the skin surface due to repeated friction and providing an opportunity for the bacterial germs to enter inside the skin.
- Another very effective way to eradicate the occurrence of diabetic boils is by performing a strict regime of exercise daily. This will help you to keep your body healthy and in strengthening the immune system in order to fight against the bacteria causing the repeated growth of boils.
You can read the full artile here - http://www.boilstreatments.com/diabetic-boils.html